Page last updated on Thursday, 10 January 2013 at 08:51:12 GMT

Dollar Academy Thrift Shop

 

The Thrift Shop is located in the basement of the Prep School by the outside stairs and is open on the second and fourth Thursday of the month from 2.30pm to 4.00pm.

 

We sell good quality uniform and sports items, with the seller receiving 80% of the ticket price. The remaining 20% is donated to the school to support projects that will benefit the whole school community.  Items are displayed for up to 3 years, after which they are donated to charity after the stock-take in January.

 

The Thrift Shop sells:

  • Most items on the current uniform list, including sports kit but excluding school shoes and trainers
  • Corp boots, hiking boots, formal kilt shoes and ghilly brogues
  • Boys’ kilts and formal kilt jackets, belts and sporrans
  • Specialist extra curricular items such as boys black shirts (orchestra & DAJO concerts), Imperial shooting team blazers, D of E kit (gaiters, waterproofs, etc)

boarding_school_scotland_dollar_academy_parent_thrift_shop_uniforms

 

Please not that we no longer take the following items (either due to uniform changes or poor year-on-year sales) although we do still have some stock within the shop:

  • White rugby tops (replaced by new rugby & hockey team shirts Autumn 2011)
  • Old style 3-in-1 winter coats (Prep and Junior School) (replaced Autumn 2011)
  • Hockey skirts (replaced by skorts Autumn 2011)
  • Old style tracksuits (new tracksuit introduced in 2010)
  • SQA Revision Guides & Past Papers for Standard Grade exams (new curriculum introduced 2012)
  • Ski wear & related equipment
  • Boys trousers (both long and short)
  • Riding boots & associated items
  • Golf & cricket shoes
  • Girls’ Party Wear

 

Please ensure that all items handed in for sale are clean and unstained, without holes, tears, missing buttons or broken zips, and that the pockets are empty.  It is also very helpful if any name tapes are removed. Before handing in an item it is a good idea to ask yourself the question: “Would I be happy to buy this item for my child?”.

 

Items to be sold should be handed in to the Thrift Shop at one of the regular opening times.  If you are unable to access the Thrift Shop at these times, items can be left with the school office, provided that they are neatly bagged and full contact details are attached.

 

Leaflets for a local name tape supplier are available in the Thrift Shop.  We receive many bags of un-named lost property at the end of the school year, and many of these items are almost new.  Naming your child’s property is essential if items are to have any chance of being reunited with their owner!

Umbrellas

 

We also have stocks of the school umbrella -now a new vented version which is ideal for our windy Dollar weather (£17.00).

Donations to the School

 

Over the past 5 years the Thrift Shop has donated approximately £15,000 to the school. A recent large donation helped to fund the renovation of the Prep and Junior School playgrounds, and also contributed to the provision of additional uniforms for the Pipe Band.

 

Call for Volunteers

 

The Thrift Shop is always happy to welcome new members to its friendly, committed, team.  If you feel that you are able to donate two afternoons a month to this important, parent-run, service, please pop in next time the Thrift Shop is open and have a chat to the volunteers.

 

 

boarding_school_scotland_dollar_academy_parent_thrift_shop_uniformsboarding_school_scotland_dollar_academy_parent_thrift_shop_uniforms

Dollar Academy, Dollar, Clackmannanshire, FK14 7DU | Tel: 01259 742511
The Governors of Dollar Academy Trust is a charity registered in Scotland, No:SC0009888
Copyright 2010 Dollar Academy. All rights reserved.